You can follow the tutorial’s simple step-by-step instructions to change the batteries in various Honeywell thermostat series.
There are numerous Honeywell products available, ranging from the basic 1000 series to the most recent smart round thermostat with Wi-Fi. The steps for changing batteries vary from model to model, which can make it challenging to find instructions.
So, how can I change the Honeywell thermostat battery? In most cases, you can simply remove the cover plate or slide out the battery compartment to change the batteries in a Honeywell thermostat. Put the compartment back in place after replacing the battery.
Now let’s look at how to change the battery in a Honeywell thermostat.
How to Replace the Battery in the Honeywell Thermostat?
To change the batteries on a Honeywell thermostat:
- Turn the power off at the circuit breakers
- Remove the battery compartment from the baseplate
- Remove the old batteries
- Replace the batteries
- Replace the battery compartment with the baseplate
- Turn the power on at the circuit breakers
Series 2000 & 1000 Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- To start, turn off your thermostat and isolate the circuit out of caution.
- Pull the cover plate slowly away from the base plate.
- Change the AAA batteries in both of the devices.
- Verify that the battery polarity matches the markings on the battery compartment.
- Set the cover plate back in its place.
- It should be firmly fixed after you slide it onto the base plate.
- You’ve successfully changed the batteries, so congratulate yourself.
- Your thermostat and circuit can now be turned back on.
Series 3000 Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- As a precaution, turn off your thermostat and isolate the circuit.
- To separate the cover plate from the base plate, pull on the thermostat’s bottom.
- Replace the batteries with fresh ones.
- Verify that the battery polarity matches the markings on the battery compartment.
- Place the base plate back on top of the cover plate by sliding them together.
- The batteries are replaced, and that is all.
- You can re-energize the circuit and the thermostat. Your thermostat ought to function properly right now.
Series 4000 Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- In order to avoid being near any live wires, turn off the thermostat using the main circuit breaker.
- Dispatch the Cover plate. Move it from the bottom up.
- AA batteries should now be replaced with new ones.
- Reinstall the base position for the cover plate. Place it firmly.
- You can now turn on the thermostat after replacing the batteries.
Series 5000 Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- Disconnect the thermostat.
- The battery compartment can be removed from the top right corner by simply pushing and pulling the cover.
- Replace the (AA) battery by removing the battery compartment.
- Place the top cover in the same position as before.
- After changing the battery, it is now time to turn on the thermostat.
Series 6000 Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- Turn off the thermostat.
- Press and pull the cover plate to release the battery holder that is located in the top-right corner.
- Remove the battery compartment.
- Use fresh AA batteries in place of the two you have.
- Verify that the markings on the battery compartment correspond to the battery polarity.
- Reinstall the base plate and cover plate.
- Then, after carefully positioning it, slide it onto the base plate.
- Congratulations, the batteries have been changed.
- Returning the thermostat to operation is now possible.
Series 8000 Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- Turning off each thermostat before replacing its battery is the first step.
- Open the front cover after turning off the thermostat by gently pulling it out while holding the base in place.
- Check the + and – polarity of the batteries before replacing the three old AAA batteries.
- The cover should now be reinstalled in the same position that it was on the base plate.
- You can now turn on the thermostat after replacing the battery.
Honeywell Thermostat – Lyric Round Battery Replacement
- Be sure to turn off the thermostat before removing it from the sub-base.
- Change the worn-out AAA batteries for brand-new ones.
- Reattach the faceplate to the sub-base at this point.
- Activate the thermostat.
What Honeywell Thermostat Battery Type Is?
Depending on the model of the thermostat, this kind of system will need AA or AAA batteries. While some devices use the thermostat as their primary power source, those that need batteries use two or three standard batteries. You can substitute any battery of comparable size.
|Honeywell Thermostat||Battery Type||Number of Batteries||Battery Location|
|1000 Series||AAA||2||Under the cover plate|
|2000 Series||AAA||2||Under the cover plate|
|3000 Series||AA||2||Under the cover plate|
|4000 Series||AA||2||Under the cover plate|
|5000 Series||AA||2||Battery compartment|
|6000 Series||AA||2||Battery compartment|
|8000 Series||AAA||3||Under the cover plate|
When Should You Change the Honeywell Thermostat Battery?
An annual battery replacement for a Honeywell thermostat is required, and you will begin receiving notifications 60 days before the battery needs to be changed. Therefore, you have enough time to change the batteries, but is there a catch?
The battery needs to be replaced or Low Batt appears on the thermostat’s LED display when it gets low. This is the first notification you receive, roughly 60 days before your battery runs out.
The black screen, on the other hand, serves as another warning, and following this, your thermostat stops functioning. You might not be concerned about changing the batteries in your thermostat if it only uses batteries as an additional backup.
You still need to replace the battery, though, as this could result in changes to the Honeywell thermostat’s Time and Date settings. But trust me, even your thermostat uses batteries for the backup process.
How Do I Restore My Honeywell Thermostat After Replacing the Battery?
After the batteries have been changed, let’s assume the thermostat is not working. In that case, either the batteries are installed incorrectly, the faceplate was installed incorrectly, the batteries are flawed, or the system needs to be reset.
- The control panel faceplate, battery compartment cover, or battery compartment tray should be checked to see if they have been replaced correctly if the thermostat system does not turn on after a battery change. The control panel’s pins must make proper contact with the baseplate in order for it to turn on.
- Make sure the control panel is positioned securely by looking at it. If not, carefully unfasten the panel from the base plate while taking care not to damage any connections.
- Go to the instructions for gaining access to the thermostat battery compartment if this does not solve the problem. Inspect the batteries to ensure they are put in correctly according to the thermostat’s schematic.
- Incorrect battery polarity orientation will prevent the thermostat from operating. This ought to fix the problem if the batteries were installed incorrectly.
- Insert the batteries into another device to make sure they are properly discharging if the issue continues.
- Place the batteries in another device to make sure they are properly discharging if the issue continues.
- The system might need to be reset even if everything with the batteries and control panel is in order. You must reset the system by cutting off the electrical supply at the circuit breaker since the control panel isn’t functioning.
- The system must restart as a result of this hard reset. By turning off the breaker switch, restart the thermostat system by following the instructions in the preceding section.
- If this does not fix the issue, you should speak with a licensed Honeywell technician to fix it without harming the thermostat system.
Conclusion: Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
What is the procedure for replacing the battery in my Honeywell thermostat? The Honeywell thermostat’s batteries can typically be changed by simply removing the cover plate or unlocking the battery compartment. Replace the battery and return it to its original position.
There are numerous Honeywell products available, ranging from the basic 1000 series to the most recent smart round thermostat with Wi-Fi. Since the procedures vary from model to model, it can be challenging to find instructions on how to change batteries.
What to Do If the Thermostat Displays Low Battery Even After the Battery Replacement?
Most of the time, when you replace the battery, the Low battery notifications disappear automatically. But, if it is still there then you might have to reset the Honeywell thermostat.
What Happens When the Thermostat Battery Becomes Dead?
The thermostat starts displaying “Low Battery” 60 days before the battery replacement is needed. The thermostat also goes black screen after some days of low battery display to save the battery power. However, if you don’t change the battery within 60 days, the battery expires and your thermostat ceases to function.