You can replace the Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery using the instructions provided in this blog post.
For Oculus Quest 2 to track your hand movement, the controller is a necessary accessory. It is powered by a battery, which will eventually run out or die. But do you know how to change the Oculus Quest 2 controller battery?
To replace the Oculus Quest 2 controller battery, locate the arrow on the top edge of the battery cover, then slide the battery cover in the opposite direction of the arrow, towards the grip. Slide the cover back into position until you hear it click, then remove the outdated AA batteries and swap them out for brand-new ones.
Continue reading to learn how to check the battery life of your Oculus Quest 2 controllers, change the batteries, and get hours upon hours of VR entertainment.
How to Replace the Oculus Controller Battery?
If done correctly, changing the battery on an Oculus Quest 2 controller is very simple. I’ll show you how to do it in an easy-to-follow manner. Observe the instructions.
Locating the battery compartment on the Oculus Quest 2 controller is the first step in replacing the battery. The Oculus Quest 2 controller’s battery compartment is a little tricky to find. To find it, you, therefore, need some identification.
You can find the battery compartment with the help of 2 identifications.
- The opposite side from where the grip button is located is where the battery compartment is.
- On the top of the battery compartment is a downward-pointing arrow symbol.
You must first locate the battery compartment in order to open it. then look for the arrow icon. Just slide down the battery compartment cover in the direction of an arrow. And take the plastic piece out. The battery space is visible.
After removing the Oculus Quest 2’s battery cover. The battery will be visible. The battery will be challenging to remove with your finger. The best method is to remove the battery using a knife or something similar.
Slide the knife on the +ve side of the battery and thrush out the battery. Just keep in mind that the battery’s positive side is on the controller’s downward side or facing away from the trigger button and thumbstick.
The crucial step in Oculus Quest 2 controller battery replacement is this one. The batteries could explode if not handled properly or positioned correctly. Follow our comprehensive instructions below.
Simply insert a new battery into the Oculus Quest 2 controller battery compartment to replace the old one. However, make sure to insert the positive (+ve) side of the battery into the Oculus Quest 2 controller battery compartment.
Just keep in mind that the battery compartment’s +ve is facing down or away from the joysticks and trigger buttons. The top bulged position of the battery is the +ve side, and the flat side is the -ve side.
Now first slide the -ve side of the battery in the battery compartment and then push the battery with your fingers. The battery will naturally fit in the space.
Simply press any button to check if the white indicator light is blinking to see if the battery has been installed correctly. If it does, move on to the following action. If it doesn’t, you say either put the battery in the wrong position or have put in a faulty battery.
It’s time to replace the battery compartment cover once you have correctly inserted the battery into the compartment.
To do this, put the cover over the battery compartment and push it up. Now you will hear a click sound. It indicates that your Oculus Quest 2 controller battery cover is perfectly closed. The Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery can be replaced using the same procedures on both controllers.
This video explains how to replace the oculus controller battery:
Precaution to Replace Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery
I’ll outline some safety measures you should take when replacing the Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery in this section.
- You should Keep new and used batteries away from children.
- Stop using the product and keep it out of the reach of children if the battery compartment does not close securely.
- Used batteries should be recycled or disposed of right away in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Don’t mix used and new batteries together, please.
- A set should have all of its batteries changed at once.
- Batteries should not be disassembled, poked, or modified in any way.
- Place the battery in the proper location. Batteries may blow up or leak if they are installed incorrectly, disassembled, charged, crushed, mixed with other battery types or used batteries, exposed to fire, or heated above a certain point.
- In the event of a battery leak, you should avoid eye or skin contact with any liquids. If contact occurs, thoroughly rinse the area.
- You should remove exhausted batteries from the product promptly otherwise it might damage your Oculus Quest 2 controller.
- Please remember to remove the batteries before storage or during prolonged periods of inactivity. Exhausted batteries may leak and damage your controllers.
Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery
In contrast to the Oculus Quest 2 Headset, the Oculus Quest 2 Controller has a replaceable battery. An AA battery is needed for each Controller in order for it to work. Therefore, the controllers require two AA batteries.
Type of Batteries for Oculus Quest 2 Controller
The controllers for the Oculus Quest 2 need two AA batteries. Both the right and left controllers require an AA battery.
Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery Voltage
Each controller requires an AA battery, so the oculus quest 2 controller battery voltage should be 1.5 Volt. You can use a Duracell AA battery or go for an Amazon Basics AA battery or AllMax or Energizer. All of the batteries are 1.5 volts.
Oculus Quest 2 Controller Battery Life
The type of battery you are using affects how long the Oculus 2 controller’s battery lasts. Compared to the left controller, the right controller has a shorter battery life. Since, the right controller is used more as compared to the left controller, the battery life is less.
How to Check the Battery Life of Your Oculus Quest 2 Controller?
Monitoring your controller’s battery life is a good habit to form if you don’t want to run the risk of becoming velociraptor food in Jurassic World Aftermath. Here’s how to check the controller for Quest 2’s battery life.
- Go to the Home View and pull the Menu Bar up by pressing the Oculus Button, or looking down at the Menu Bar.
- You’ll find symbols for your headset and controllers on the left side of the bar, along with battery indicators, on that side.
- To view the battery level, point your controller at the symbols and hover your cursor over them. The battery level is displayed in 10% increments, so 50%, 60%, etc.)
- Here, you can also view the battery life of your headset.
- The battery level is shown in the Menu Bar’s right side if you’re using Oculus Link.
- The top left corner of SideQuest/Virtual Desktop displays battery life.
How to Charge the Controllers With Rechargeable Batteries?
There is no way to change the fact that the Oculus Quest 2 controllers run on AA batteries. Because of this, you cannot recharge them with a USB cable like you could with the headset. But Can You Play Oculus Quest 2 While Charging?
However, a charging dock will do the trick. Keep in mind that the Oculus Quest 2’s initial batteries are for one-time use only. You must buy higher-grade rechargeable AA batteries that work with the dock in order to use the charging dock. To find out which batteries to use with the dock you intend to purchase, do your research.
Conclusion: Replace Oculus Controller Battery
Popular VR technology like the Oculus Quest 2 enables users to fully submerge themselves in an online world. Batteries for heavy use are included with the headset and controllers. They eventually become exhausted though.
Running out of battery power halfway through a gaming session can be particularly frustrating. As a result, it’s crucial to regularly check the battery level and learn how to replace them.
In conclusion, you are now aware of how to change the Oculus Quest 2 controller battery. I’ve laid out the steps in great detail. It also includes details on the Oculus Quest 2 Controller’s battery types, life, and other aspects.
How Long Do Oculus Quest 2 Controller Batteries Last?
The Oculus Quest 2 controller batteries can last for up to several months before they need to be changed, depending on how often you play. The amount of time your batteries last may vary depending on the brand you use, and if you use rechargeable batteries, this may also have an impact.
Do the Oculus Controllers Take Batteries?
There are no built-in batteries with the controllers themselves. However, each controller has a battery compartment that is home to one AA battery for power. The Quest 2 controllers may not appear to have any openings, but a battery slider conceals a slot on each of them.
How Many Batteries Are Required for Oculus Quest 2 Controllers?
The controllers for the Oculus Quest 2 need two AA batteries. Each controller needs one AA battery. Both the left and right game controllers require an AA battery.