In the market for a 10000 mah power bank? The benefits and drawbacks of a power bank with a 10000 mah capacity will be discussed in this blog.
The most popular option when it comes to power bank capacity is undoubtedly one with a capacity of 10,000mAh. But is it enough for the needs of the average person?
If you’re not looking to charge more power-intensive devices such as laptops, gaming consoles, or CPAP machines, or if you’re not looking to rely on portable charges for days at a time, then a 10000mAh power bank is just what you need. You can learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of a 10000 mah power bank by reading this blog.
Is 10000mAh Power Bank Good?
The typical person’s energy requirements should be met by a 10000mAh battery. It’s a great option if you’re looking to top off your smartphone from time to time as you go about your day. This is why it’s an ideal choice to have with you at the office, school, or during your commute.
A typical smartphone has a battery capacity of under 4,000 mAh. So, a power bank with a 10,000 mAh capacity (actual capacity 6,000-7,000 mAh) is enough to fully charge most handsets at least once and charge small phones like the iPhone 12 mini three times. The drawback is that power banks of this size frequently exceed your phone in size and weight.
Pros of 10000mAh Power Banks
- They are portable and lightweight. They won’t be noticeable, for instance, in your bag or backpack.
- Most of them can easily fit in pockets
- They are quite cheap too. The average price is somewhere between $20 and $30
- They typically charge more quickly than power banks with larger capacities. Depending on the charging technology they have, you can expect to take between 1 and 3 hours to charge
- They’re the perfect companion for daily use
Cons of 10000mAh Power Banks
- They can only typically charge your smartphone three or four times. If your phone has a high capacity, you’d be lucky to get even 2 full charges out of your power bank
- They are only useful for one to two days at most. If you’re going on a longer trip, especially outdoors, then you’d need a higher-capacity portable charger
- Usually, they don’t have enough power output to charge things like laptops or gaming consoles. A power-intensive device’s lifespan would not be significantly extended by its small capacity, even if it had sufficient output.
Here is what you should know about traveling with your power bank:
How Many Times Can a 10000mAh Power Bank Charge Your Phone?
Knowing that not all of the power bank’s capacity will actually be used by your phone before calculating how many times you can charge it with a 10000mAh power bank is important. In actuality, you will only be able to charge your phone with about 70%–80% of the power bank’s capacity.
We have explained the whole process in detail here. You can also use our mAh calculator to get a better idea. For example, here’s what you can expect based on your phones battery capacity:
- 1500mAh phone capacity: 4-5 times
- 2000mAh phone capacity: 2-3.5 times
- 2500mAh phone capacity: 2-3 times
- 3000mAh phone capacity: 2-2.5 times
- 3500mAh phone capacity: 1.5-2 times
- 4000mah phone capacity: 1-1.5 times
How Long Does It Take a 10000mAh Power Bank to Charge?
The average charging time for a 10000mAh power bank is somewhere around 3 hours. For instance, it takes 3.5 hours to charge the Samsung 10000mAh power bank. However, this time can change depending on the charging technology.
10000mAh power banks with older technology that only have a Micro USB for their input, can take as much as 5 to 6h to charge. On the other hand, if the power bank is using a fast charging technology, it might take less than 1h to charge, but this will come at an extra price.
What Do You Need to Know About Power Bank Capacity?
The technical term “capacity” is one of those. The rule, however, is straightforward: a power bank’s actual capacity is typically about 2/3 of its rated capacity. Part of the energy will be lost in the conversion and during charging.
Like our smartphone batteries, capacity is typically measured in mAh (Milliamp Hours). The capacity increases as the number does. A power bank with a 10000 mAh battery has a capacity of about 6000-7000 mAh. Having a 2227 mAh battery the iPhone 12 mini. So one full charge of a 10000 mAh power bank can charge the iPhone 12 mini from 0 to 100% two or three times (7000 divided by 2227).
If a 10000 mAh power bank can only barely charge your iPhone 12 mini twice, it was likely made so poorly that too much energy is lost during charging, it has a low conversion efficiency, or it simply has much less capacity than claimed.
Conclusion: is 10000 Mah Power Bank Good?
If your intention is to charge your phone whenever it runs out of juice throughout the day, purchasing a 10000mAh power bank should be sufficient. A power bank of this type should provide at least 1-2 full charges, which is more than convenient.
They should be more than 10000 mAh if you want a power bank primarily for your tablet or laptop.
How Much MAh Power Bank is Best?
Ideally, a 10000-mAh power bank is considered the go-to option by most tech-savvy people. This is due to its small size and the fact that it can be used repeatedly to charge devices with batteries that have a capacity of 2000–3000 mAh.
Which Power Bank is Better 10000mAh Or 20000mah?
A 10,000mAh power bank should be able to charge the smartphone up to three times and a 20,000mAh power bank more than six times. By subtracting the measured capacity of the power bank from the stated capacity of your phone, you can determine the approximate number of charges.
Is 10000mAh Fast Charging?
Fast enough power is available from a portable power bank with a capacity of 10000mAh that combines PD 3.0 and QC 4.0 outputs. This power bank can charge your device as quickly as 22.5W.